Sunday morning, after my 2nd Coffee and Miss Toddler refusing her cereal (it pains me to admit that I have a severe addiction to Cereal. The only way to control this addiction is complete abstinence. Once I start, it is all I will eat for 2 days until the box is gone at which point I will swear to never purchase another box of cereal ever again. So I just don’t start). But I digress, so after the coffee and the toddler cereal refusal it was decided -by me- that I must cook something as fabulous as possible. Chocolate Peanut butter pancakes it is.
The pancakes are more Crêpe-like but I think Pancake sounds better. Also, I have labelled the Organic ingredients where I used them, its up to you how much or how little of what you use is Organic.
- 1/4 cup Organic Almond flour (or plain flour but… PALEO?! WHAT ABOUT THE PALEO?)
- 2 Organic Free Range Eggs
- 2 TBSP Mayvers Organic Peanut & Cacao Spread
- 1 TBSP Agave syrup (Raw honey or Maple syrup will suffice)
- 1/4 cup Organic Coconut Milk
- 1/2 cup Greek Yoghurt (this may surprise you but also Organic)
- 2 TBSP Cacao Powder (we have had this discussion on previous recipes, Cocoa powder is also acceptable, it just doesn’t fall under that Paleo, clean eating umbrella)
- 1/3 cup Greek Yoghurt
- 1 TBSP Peanut Butter
- 2 TBSP Maple Syrup
- 2 TBSP Cacao/cocoa powder
- Mix all of the pancake ingredients together with a whisk and pour batter into a well oiled frying pan and cook as you normally would.
- Mix the Peanut butter and Maple Syrup together until smooth
- In a separate bowl mix the Greek Yoghurt and Cacao/cocoa powder together until fully blended
- Layer both ingredients down the middle of a pancake, roll up and eat. I also added some plain Greek Yoghurt down the centre and I sprinkled some Chia Seeds on the top of ours… annndddd maybe a little more Maple Syrup because I’m bad bad bad 😉
No Toddler refusal and these are SUPER filling. xx